Thursday, August 28, 2014

Mad Mama Charmers

Sometimes Motherhood is really hard. Sometimes I lose my cool with the people that mean the most to me. Sometimes lack of sleep and stress gang up on me and I'm not the nicest person to be around. Sometimes I say something really awkward in front of my teenagers and embarrass them....and me. (Sometimes I do that on purpose.)

The wonderful thing about being a mother is that the very children that give me an excuse for being a deranged ranger are the very same children that make my world go round. The little people that watch Miss Bella dump out a box of cereal and then walk away from it....are the same little people that I find hugging each other better when a trip down the slide takes a turn for the worse. They bicker until I want to bang my head on the wall and the next thing I know they are giggling in my closet together. (Usually a sign that my Peanut M&M's have been discovered and are now being annihilated.)

As hard as it can be some days, I wouldn't change a thing. Not one itty bitty thing. The work is hard but the paychecks are extraordinarily fat.

When I've been a bit on the grumpy side, my little ones like to bring me things to help me find my happy place. Sir James has a great imagination. He slid a diamond ring under the bathroom door today and insisted that he observe the reaction on my face from such a gift. He unpicks the lock and I have nothing to do but proudly smile while wearing the leftovers of a plastic ring pop he had magically coaxed out of the seat cushions of Moby Dick. (All because of his Harry Potter "scar".)



Sir Matt is of a more practical nature. He knows I have a thing for homegrown. Today he served up wild plums and Sir Tom added giant crab apples. Yummy! (I might have some tummy trouble later on.)


Sir Sean wins the prize for changing mommy's mood, though. I was sewing my little heart out, listening to them speak but not hearing what they say. Hazy words make it to my brain like found, keep, cool, look mom. I look. Two inches from my nose is a snake. It is being dangled from the fingers of a very proud, grinning ear to ear, little boy and his posse.


I'm not lost in thought anymore.



(Photo Credit: Brianna) #bettermood#brotherlylove#happy

No comments:

Post a Comment