Friday, July 11, 2014

You Flick It, I'll Pic It!

Teenagers tell me they want privacy. They tell me they want independence. I hear over and over how lifestyle-cramping little brothers and sisters can be. (Can they PLEASE just stay out of my stuff!?!) They want a bonfire and 26 best friends to enjoy it with. They want a drivers license and a red car of some sort. They want their own bathroom, or at least to not share one with someone who is potty-training. Teenagers can be a bit needy...or is that wanty?
Maybe the wonderful pre-adults in my home are odd, but I rarely hear one of them stand up and yell, "COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HUG ME RIGHT NOW?!?!" And yet deep down that's exactly what they really need.....and want. No-matter-what still applies. Forever and always is not optional. You are definitely my favorite. And yes, I still love you.
They also need to know that whatever is on the little finger had better not find its way onto the little sister......or an embarrassing picture might get posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment