Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pearl Harbor Peaches

I know, I know. The hangar scene in the movie Pearl Harbor is the most romantic love story involving a parachute of all time. Until now.
 The first thing my sweetheart did for me when we bought our home more than five years ago, was to put in an orchard. This spring something miraculous happened. Our peach trees blossomed!! But you can't count your peaches until they're canned around here. It's the middle of June and last night it dipped below freezing!


The Man went out at midnight to put tarps on the tomatoes and peppers. It took longer than it should have. I found out why. He pulled out the parachute and covered an entire peach tree! Eat your heart out Hollywood.You can't even come close to this kind of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment