Monday, June 30, 2014

Playing with Grown Ups

 After every major undertaking I like to lose some sleep and evaluate. Sleep is so overrated any way. The luncheon was overall not bad considering my inexperience. The wreaths were pretty and for the first time in my life I was asked for a recipe because it was liked, not because it was Gluten Free! I do have one major flaw that checked itself, however. I need to learn to ask for help! What was I thinking, trying to do this alone?
But I am surrounded by women who know better. A neighbor with a wedding business donated table linens and even helped set them up. I bumped in to my sister Trina at the fabric store the day before. When I told her what I was up to she insisted she had nothing else to do and spent 8 hours chopping and cooking and cleaning. (Because her three businesses, her foster children, and her grandchildren suddenly weren't enough to keep her busy). And Miss Emmie, Miss Sarah, and Miss Kelsie earned another merit badge for womanly service. I owe all of them a foot massage!

No comments:

Post a Comment